Pros: The car was new and clean.
Cons: They rely on Carrentals.com which has a horrible customer service experience. I wanted to adjust my booking, but Carrentals.com insisted that U-SAVE policy would not allow it unless I booked another car with them. When I arrived to pick up my car, U-SAVE mandated that I purchase third party liability insurance from them as they don't accept Canadian or international insurance coverage. This consequently raised the cost of my rental by another $250. I will not use them again.
Cons: it did not exist. literally the business has been shut down... so i had to go to another place, the day of.
Worst rental company ever
Pros: The price but then discovered it was all lies
Cons: Got wrong address for pickup had to walk half and hour to actual location that I had to find thru a hotel because the customer service phone numbers only went to answering machines. Could not get in touch with any usave employee or office. Then when I arrived even though I had researched and received a email stating I would have unlimited miles they informed me there was a limit of 200 miles a day. This ruined my trip because I had to find an alternative and with all the delays I missed my appointments for the day. I couldn't even call to complain to anyone and I will likely not use kayak anymore for rentals I will contact the companies directly because of this unreal hassle and horrible service
Cons: the company doesnt exist!! it charged my credit card and thats it. no car, no money back!!!
Fraud Alert!! This company is a scam.
Cons: The numbers given on the reservation - one was the corporate HQ in Mississippi which didn't answer the phones and the local number was a disconnected Verizon wireless number. No shuttles despite advertisement, and when I took taxi to the address in the reservation there was no such business there. What the heck? This wasn't at any small airport, it was at LAX. Several hours later when I'm already in another company's rental car I got a call back from the HQ who said the reservation email must have had old phone number and address. As for the shuttle, they would have needed me to take a shuttle to a private parking garage telling them I'm using their lot and then crossing the street. That is shady as heck. Too bad for them I already listed this as a fraudulent/scam charge on my credit card. Lady at HQ said they would fight it, and I broke my cool and told them to suck an egg. Good luck getting your $32 from me.
Cons: When I arrived, the girls said we do not have any cars.
2 types of insurance and the car still wasn't cove
Pros: The weather on the day of pick up was pretty good.
Cons: The Alianz insurance I paid for during the online booking process only covered me for personal injury. When I arrived at U-save, I was forced to pay extra for the mandatory liability insurance required by the state of California. I had paid for two types of insurance and still had no cover on the actual car I was driving. I've rented cars through a number of companies in L.A and wasn't surprised to be screwed with the insurance. There's room in the market for a rental company with transperancy, maybe U-save could be the change.
Other suppliers in Los Angeles scored
- 5.4/10 Ace car hire in Los Angeles
- 7.1/10 Avis car hire in Los Angeles
- 6.5/10 Budget car hire in Los Angeles
- 7.4/10 Dollar car hire in Los Angeles
- 8.3/10 Enterprise car hire in Los Angeles
- 6.7/10 Hertz car hire in Los Angeles
- 5.8/10 Payless car hire in Los Angeles
- 7.4/10 Thrifty car hire in Los Angeles
- 6.5/10 NU Car car hire in Los Angeles
- 4.0/10 Economy Rent a Car car hire in Los Angeles
- 7.2/10 Europcar car hire in Los Angeles
- 9.9/10 State Van Rental car hire in Los Angeles
- 8.8/10 Midway car hire in Los Angeles
- 7.9/10 Sixt car hire in Los Angeles
- 6.4/10 Airport Van car hire in Los Angeles
- 5.8/10 Fox car hire in Los Angeles
- 6.6/10 AMPM Car And Truck Rentals car hire in Los Angeles
- 7.4/10 Silvercar car hire in Los Angeles
Where can I find U-Save hire cars in Los Angeles?
Top tips for hiring a car from U-Save in Los Angeles
- Mini car hires from U-Save in Los Angeles are around 47% cheaper than other car types, on average