LON - CPT
Find cheap flights from London to Cape Town
Good to know
|May||Best time to beat the crowds (17% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (28% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|R820||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
When to book flights from London to Cape Town
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for R9 992 or less.
- The cheapest flight from London to Cape Town was found, on average, 44 days before departure.
- Book at least 2 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be November, December and January. The cheapest month to fly is May.
- Morning departure is around 44% more expensive than an evening flight, on average*.
- There are direct flights from London to Cape Town with British Airways and Thomas Cook Airlines, while South African Airlines fly direct to Johannesburg then sends you on an internal flight to Cape Town. If you like to travel in a spacious seat, you should consider Emirates, Turkish Airlines or Ethiopian Airlines. While their flights include a stop-over, their average leg room space is very comfortable.
- If you are travelling with children, you will find children’s play areas available at Cape Town International Airport, as well as facilities to change diapers in all women’s restrooms. Similar facilities are also available at all of the six London airports, and you can even warm baby bottles at London Southend Airport at the Lakers Bar in departures.
- British Airways, Emirates and South African Airways all have dedicated airline lounges at Cape Town International Airport, though they are only accessible by their VIP customers. If you are travelling economy, you can access the Bidvest Premier Lounge with a fee. If you are a smoker, you can access the Smokers’ Lounge at the international terminal.
- If you wish to park your car and fly before your flight from London to Cape Town, you will find that all of the London airports offer short term and long term car park options, with daily rates as low as 12 GBP per day at London City Airport if you book online ahead of time. Heathrow Airport offers a valet parking service for those with a busy schedule who just want to drop off their car and pick it up on their return.
- Disabled parking spots are available at all car park levels at Cape Town International Airport. In addition, the airport is equipped with lifts and ramps, wheelchairs are available for hire, and restrooms are easily accessible by travellers with wheelchairs. If you need assistance embarking and disembarking, please inform your airline at least 48 hours before departure time.
FAQs for booking London to Cape Town flights
How long does a flight from London to Cape Town take?
How many flights are there between London and Cape Town?
Which airlines provide the cheapest flights from London to Cape Town?
Which airlines fly most frequently between London and Cape Town?
What’s the cheapest day of the week to fly from London to Cape Town?
Which airports will I be using when flying from London to Cape Town?
What public transport is available from Cape Town International airport to the city centre?
Which taxi company should I use from Cape Town International Airport to the city centre?
Which airport hotels are available at Cape Town International Airport?
Where can I have a shower at Cape Town International Airport?
How does KAYAK find such low prices on flights from London to Cape Town?
How does KAYAK's flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy my flight ticket from London to Cape Town?
What is the Hacker Fare option on flights from London to Cape Town?
What is KAYAK's "flexible dates" feature and why should I care when looking for a flight from London to Cape Town?
Top 5 airlines serving London to Cape Town Intl
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights from London to Cape Town (return)
Book cheap flights from London to Cape Town (one-way)
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.