Cape Town hotels
Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Cape Town
Compare vs KAYAK |
Good to know
|July||Cheapest month to stay with an average 32% drop in price.|
|January||Most expensive month to stay with an average 30% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|R2 459||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|R2 410||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
How much is a Cape Town hotel?Here are our most popular & best value hotels
2 stars and below
Top tips for finding the perfect Cape Town hotel
- Many hotels in Cape Town are located in the city centre, called the "City Bowl". The Taj Cape Town is an affordable luxury hotel in the area. Visitors to the Taj Cape Town can enjoy a health spa, an indoor pool and two restaurants on site. Another luxury hotel in the area is Sunsquare Cape Town City Bowl, which has a pool and fitness centre. Both hotels are less than a kilometre from attractions such as Greenmarket Square and the Bo Kaap Museum.
- Those looking to spend some time sunbathing or playing water sports should head to the four beaches in Clifton, an affluent neighbourhood on Cape Town's northwest coast. One of these famous beaches boasts Blue Flag status and all of the beaches are covered in pristine white sand. Many hotels can be found in neighbouring Camps Bay, about a kilometre away. Hotels include The Bay Hotel, a boutique hotel where guests can enjoy sporting grounds and a spa.
- The Green Point area, located north of the centre and Signal Hill, is a trendy and modern neighbourhood. Green Point's main street, Somerset Road, is dotted with restaurants, bars, shops and nightclubs. A good hotel choice in the neighbourhood is Sugar Hotel, which offers a classy and romantic vibe. Only a couple of hundred metres away is Pigalle Restaurant, a stylish location that offers live music and a cigar lounge.
- For those travellers looking for sports events, the Cape Town Stadium is located in Green Point, near the northern coast of Cape Town. This stadium has hosted major world sports events like the Football World Cup, for instance. The luxury Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront is located right on the coast within easy walking distance of the stadium.
- If you'd like to stay near Cape Town International Airport, there are a couple of great options available. The higher end option is Hotel Verde, which offers plenty of amenities, a 4-star rating, and the title of "Africa's greenest hotel". On the budget-priced end, you can stay at the 2-star Road Lodge Cape Town International Airport. In addition, many hotels closer to the city centre offer transport to the airport which is about 20 kilometres away.
- A popular neighbourhood to visit in Cape Town is Bo-Kaap, which is located on the slope of Signal Hill. This multicultural area is famous for its bright primary and pastel-coloured buildings and cobblestone streets. A good place to stay in Bo-Kaap is Signal Hill Lodge, which offers fantastic mountain views due to its location right on the border of Signal Hill.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Cape Town
Are hotels in Cape Town safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
Where to stay in Cape Town?
What are the best hotels near Long Street?
How much does a hotel cost in Cape Town?
What neighbourhood is good for business travellers?
In which neighbourhoods can I see flora and fauna?
Which hotels are close to museums?
Are there any 5-star hotels in Cape Town?
How much is a hotel in Cape Town for tonight?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Cape Town?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Cape Town by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Cape Town hotelsCheck availabilityCheck availability
Go to map
Most recommended Cape Town hotelsShow all
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cape Town - Upper Eastside
Salt River R953+
Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Victoria Junction
De Waterkant R1 215+