Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Portsmouth
Compare vs KAYAK |
Good to know
|March||Cheapest month to stay with an average 49% drop in price.|
|April||Most expensive month to stay with an average 16% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|R2 932||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|R4 154||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
Top tips for finding the perfect Portsmouth hotel deal
- There are a number of historic hotels in Portsmouth, as well as a great deal of history to the city itself. The Sailmaker’s House was built in the 1800s and still stands today, with no shortage of modern amenities. You’ll also be less than a five minute walk from the Strawberry Bank Museum, a museum of history that spans over 10 acres in downtown Portsmouth.
- There are several historic houses in Portsmouth, such as the Moffatt-Ladd House & Garden and the Wentworth Lear Historic Houses. Consider staying at the Ale House Inn, located right on the bank of the Piscataqua River, where you’ll be less than a 10-minute walk from both houses, and the Portsmouth Brewery is right down the street.
- If you're interested in regional art, the Hampton Inn & Suites is located just a five-minute walk from the Discover Portsmouth Center, where you can find a number of exhibits from local artists, plus information about different regional events. You'll also find Rudi's Portsmouth down the street, where you can indulge in cocktails and live music.
- If you're traveling with your family, consider staying at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott Portsmouth Seacoast. A family-friendly hotel, you can take their complimentary shuttle vans to Water Country, located just three miles away.
- Several hotels in Portsmouth are near the Portsmouth International Airport at Pease, if you’re looking for a convenient option while traveling to Portsmouth for business. Both Residence Inn by Marriott Portsmouth and Motel 6 Portsmouth NH are within a five-minute drive of the airport, while still giving you the convenience of a 10-minute drive to downtown Portsmouth.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Portsmouth
Are hotels in Portsmouth safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
How much does a hotel cost in Portsmouth?
What are the best hotels near the USS Albacore Museum?
What hotels in Portsmouth offer wedding services?
What hotels in Portsmouth are close to the Sagamore Creek Headlands?
What are the best hotels near seafood restaurants in Portsmouth?
How much is a hotel in Portsmouth for tonight?
How much is a hotel in Portsmouth for this weekend?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Portsmouth?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Portsmouth by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Portsmouth hotelsCheck availabilityCheck availability
Go to map
Most recommended Portsmouth hotelsShow all