Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Exeter
Compare vs KAYAK |
Good to know
|May||Cheapest month to stay with an average 22% drop in price.|
|July||Most expensive month to stay with an average 27% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|R2 134||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|R2 029||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
Top tips for finding the perfect Exeter hotel deal
- Couples looking to book a hotel in Exeter city centre for a romantic stay may choose The City Gate Hotel on Lower North Street, a quirky boutique pub-with-rooms with perks such as a Nespresso machine in your room. Or there’s Southernhay House, a luxury boutique hotel set inside a beautiful Grade II-listed Georgian townhouse on Southernhay East Street.
- Those searching for hotels by Exeter Airport will find well-known international chains some 8 km east of the city centre. Hampton by Hilton is right by Exeter Airport, with amenities including free parking, Wi-Fi and a complimentary breakfast. Near the M5 is the Holiday Inn Express, just off Junction 9 of the motorway and a quick 5-minute drive from the airport.
- Many of the cheap hotels and B&Bs in Exeter are found north of the historic city centre, near St David’s Railway Station and the University of Exeter. These include the 3-star Park View B&B overlooking Bury Meadow Park on Howell Road which offers reasonably-priced rooms inside a homey Georgian building. The Oakcliffe Hotel on St David’s Hill is another good-quality B&B, just a 10-minute walk from the city centre.
- Hotels within walking distance of Exeter’s famous Cathedral Close include the White Hart Hotel by Marston’s Inns on South Street whose history as one of Exeter’s oldest pubs is reflected in its traditional interiors. The Mercure Exeter Southgate Hotel on Southernhay East is another good mid-range option with a swimming pool, spa and a central location just a 5-minute walk from the cathedral.
- Travellers looking for cheap family rooms will find them at the Premier Inn on Bonhay Road in St David’s, with additional perks including blackout curtains and a power shower for your room. Less than a kilometre from the hotel is the Royal Albert Memorial Museum with family-friendly events and interactive areas where you can get hands-on with some of the exhibits.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Exeter
Are hotels in Exeter safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
Are there any hotels in Exeter with a pool and spa?
Are there hotels in Exeter city centre with free parking?
Are there hotels in Exeter that are close to the river?
Which hotels in Exeter have rooms for guests with disabilities?
How do I find a hotel in central Exeter?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Exeter?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Exeter by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Exeter hotels
Go to map