Find cheap flights from Canada to Johannesburg
Good to know
|November||Best time to beat the crowds (4% less expensive on average)|
|June||Most popular time to fly (10% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|R1 282||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Johannesburg
- Looking for cheap airfare to Johannesburg? 25% of our users found return tickets to Johannesburg for the following prices or less: From Tete Matunda R5 117, from Zagreb Franjo Tuđman R8 213, from Ottawa R17 237
- High season is considered to be January, February and December. The cheapest month to fly to Johannesburg is January.
- As Canada is quite far from South Africa, it is not possible to find direct flights to Johannesburg. However, if you would like to make sure your trip is as short as possible, book your trip with either Delta Airlines or Air France, as these companies often service flights to Johannesburg with only one layover.
- If you need to connect your cell phone or computer to WiFi after you have landed at O. R. Tambo International Airport, simply look for the “Airports Free” network. Each device is given either 4 hours or 1 GB of browsing for free, and additional internet time can be purchased if needed.
- Hoping to do some shopping after your flight to Johannesburg has landed? Browse through the many different stores in the duty-free mall, located in O. R. Tambo International Airport. These shops offer a variety of goods including liquor, cosmetics, clothing and local products like food and art.
- To store some of your luggage or personal items, head to the basement level of the International Terminal of O. R. Tambo International Airport. The baggage storage desk can take as many items as you wish to store, and prices vary depending on size, weight and the length of time that you would like to store them for.
- For those that would like to decompress after a long day of travelling, pay a visit to Letsema, a beauty center located in Terminal B of O. R. Tambo International Airport. Letsema offers a variety of services, including massages and manicures, making it a convenient place to relax after being cooped up in a plane for so long.
FAQs - booking Johannesburg flights
What hotels are near O. R. Tambo International Airport?
What is the best way to travel from O. R. Tambo International Airport to downtown Johannesburg?
Does O. R. Tambo International Airport have an observation deck?
Where can I shower at O. R. Tambo International Airport?
How does KAYAK find such low prices on flights to Johannesburg?
How does KAYAK's flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy my flight ticket to Johannesburg?
What is the Hacker Fare option on flights to Johannesburg?
What is KAYAK's "flexible dates" feature and why should I care when looking for a flight to Johannesburg?
Top 5 airlines serving Canada to Johannesburg OR Tambo
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights from Canada to Johannesburg
Recent return flight deals
Search by stops
Recent one-way flight deals
Search by stops
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.