LON - JNB
Find cheap flights from London to Johannesburg
Good to know
|May||Best time to beat the crowds (19% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (26% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a return ticket
|R672||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a return ticket
When to book flights from London to Johannesburg
Top tips for finding a cheap flight
- Looking for a cheap flight? 25% of our users found flights on this route for R9 836 or less.
- The cheapest flight from London to Johannesburg was found, on average, 56 days before departure.
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be November, December and January. The cheapest month to fly is May.
- Morning departure is around 3% more expensive than an evening flight, on average*.
- Airlines offering direct flights from London to Johannesburg are Virgin Atlantic, British Airways and South African airlines. They all fly from London Heathrow airport, and they all offer check in luggage allowance of 23kg. You can fly to Johannesburg OR Tambo airport from all London airports, but unless your flight is leaving from London Heathrow airport, it will have at least one stop over.
- If flying comfortably is important for you, consider choosing Virgin Atlantic or British Airways, as they offer a better leg room, while South African Airlines has average leg room. All three airlines offer on demand video and are equipped with in seat USB outlets.
- There are three airport lounges at the International Terminal of Johannesburg OR Tambo airport, and two lounges at the domestic terminal, all accessible using pre-paid passes. Bidvest Premier Lounge and Shongololo Premium Lounge in the International terminal both have showers available. Bidvest Premier Lounge is open 24 hours a day, while Shongololo Premium Lounge is open from 6am to 10pm every day.
- Wi-Fi service is available at Johannesburg OR Tambo airport so you can stay connected free of charge for up to 4 hours or 1 GB, whichever you reach first. You will need to register an email address and phone number as part of the registration process to be able to log in.
- If you have a bit of free time, head to one of the Observation Decks where you can relax and watch planes take off and land. The Observation Deck at the Domestic Terminal offers a 180-degree view, while the one at the International Terminal is located on the 4th floor at the Northern Wing.
FAQs for booking London to Johannesburg flights
How long does a flight from London to Johannesburg take?
How many flights are there between London and Johannesburg?
Which airlines provide the cheapest flights from London to Johannesburg?
Which airlines fly most frequently between London and Johannesburg?
What’s the cheapest day of the week to fly from London to Johannesburg?
Which airports will I be using when flying from London to Johannesburg?
How do I get to London Heathrow Airport?
How do I get from Johannesburg OR Tambo airport to the city centre?
Are there onsite airport hotels at Johannesburg OR Tambo airport?
What services does Johannesburg OR Tambo airport offer for disabled travellers?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines serving London to Johannesburg OR Tambo
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights from London to Johannesburg (return)
Book cheap flights from London to Johannesburg (one-way)
Flights to Johannesburg
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller
At KAYAK we don’t set prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We aggregate tons of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we don't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car hires can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find on occasion that certain prices are no longer available.
More questions or if you have a bad price to report to us
Please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.