Good to know
|Distance to city centre||4,0 km|
|Nearest airport||Tokyo Narita|
|Distance to airport||55,9 km|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
|bathroom location||in 27 reviews|
|great location||in 36 reviews|
|little bit||in 7 reviews|
|room with bathroom||in 35 reviews|
|ryokan||in 20 reviews|
|tokyo||in 10 reviews|
|ueno park||in 19 reviews|
|ueno station||in 25 reviews|
|value for money||in 23 reviews|
|walk from ueno||in 51 reviews|
|washing machine||in 16 reviews|
|woke up early||in 4 reviews|
- great location in a quiet and lovely neighborhood, close to the beautiful Ueno park and walking distance from Nezu metro station (5 minutes) and Ueno station (15 minutes walking or by bus). - you can do your own laundry (300 yen). - large bedroom with separate room for TV, tea and meals.
- tiny bathroom. - soundproofing not very effective. - mattress too thin.
The value of the facility.
The toilet room smelled of urine.
This is a fantastic traditional inn. The staff were kind and the room was perfect. Easy walk to the train to get to all sightseeing attractions and the Shinkansen when it was time to leave for Kyoto. Great value!
The rooms were a bit small but we expected that in Tokyo.
Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Rooms were cleaned well and regularly.
There was not much to not like. :)
Traditional style, great location for visiting Ueno Park
Steep stairs to the second floor
With a stay at Ryokan Katsutaro in Tokyo (Taito), you'll be steps from Ueno Park and 11 minutes by foot from University of Tokyo. Featured amenities include a computer station, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and luggage storage.
based on 988 reviews
Things to know
- Clean rooms
- Close to public transport
- Friendly service
- Very quiet
Policies vary by room type and provider.
Reviews about Ryokan Katsutaro
Most popular landmarks
- Ueno Dobutsuen 230 m
- Ueno Toshogu 297 m
- Ueno Koen 0,5 km
- Kokuritsu Kagaku Hakubutsukan 0,6 km
- Shinobazu no Ike 0,8 km
- Akihabara Electric Town 2,2 km
|Tokyo Haneda||18,8 km|
|Tokyo Narita||55,9 km|