Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Srinagar
Compare vs KAYAK |
Good to know
|November||Cheapest month to stay with an average 87% drop in price.|
|January||Most expensive month to stay with an average 628% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|R706||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|R875||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
Top tips for finding the perfect Srinagar hotel
- Srinagar, in Jammu an Kashmir, lies on the banks of the Jhelum river, and is settled against the Dal Lake. For those who have come to enjoy river tours along the still water, you should consider somewhere like the Welcome Hotel at Srinagar, near the docks along Boulevard road.
- For those looking for a view, a walk up to the Shankaracharya Temple will provide you with a view across Srinagar and the surrounding lakes. The temple itself may also be of interest to history fans, as it is dedicated Lord Shiva and thought to have been built in 371 BC. Today it considered one of India’s most important places of pilgrimage. Hotel New Green View at the foot of the hill is a 2-minute walk away from the Reserve Forest Road, which you follow up to the temple.
- If you enjoy learning about Indian culture, you may like to stay close to the Museum Arts or SPS Museum. The Hotel New Prince Inn is within a 5-minute walk to Museum Arts, and a 15-minute drive to the SPS Museum, plus it’s in an area with a number of notable Hindu and Muslim temples.
- As well as the lakes, Srinagar has a large number of parks and gardens. One of the most popular is the botanical garden on the southeastern side of Dal Lake. Attached to the garden is also the Royal Springs Golf Course. Located between the gardens and the Dachigam National Park, Fortune Resort Heevan is a good option, and is only a 15-minute drive away.
- For those who like a little bit of everything – including gardens, temples, markets and lakeside views - then staying in the Nishat area is a good option for you. A little quieter and out of the major tourist area, this location can offer peace and quiet while keeping you close to good sightseeing. The Walisons Resort is a good option as it is within a 15-minute walk to Nishat’s most popular attraction, the Nishat Bagh.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Srinagar
Are hotels in Srinagar safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
Which hotels in Srinagar are close to Dal Lake?
Which hotels in Srinagar are close to the local tourist centre?
Which hotels in Srinagar are good for those on a budget?
What are some good houseboat hotels in Srinagar?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Srinagar?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Srinagar by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Srinagar hotels
Go to map