Good to know
Distance to city centre
Distance to airport
|"Pool and beach were good."||(in 10 reviews)|
|"Big variety of food, great beach."||(in 11 reviews)|
|"Several staff members were very helpful, good value for money and nice location"||(in 9 reviews)|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
Great location and weather
Too many people at the pool by the beach
The people was very nice
Everything to far
Lots of food variety.
They told us we only had one reservation at a restaurant with our 3 nights stay. But the staff was very helpful and they made an exception, helping us with getting us another reservation.
- the garden - thematic restaurants - entertainment - atmosphere (fun, distractions, joy) - staff - friendly, helpful, sociable, sympathetic - the organization (infrastructure) of the resort (carts to reach the points of interest quite quickly, maps and indicators everywhere, English-speaking staff at the reception/lobby, live show for relax after dinner, continental breakfast starting at 5.30 am for those who wake up early, 2 medical offices and a pharmacy)
- the room - it had a smell that persisted the whole stay - the beds - the mattress is too soft, the pillows are not comfortable. - the furniture is old, it should be changed for reaching 5 stars - the TV had no signal, for a period of 5-6 days (there was a provider's problem) - the toilet wasn't flashing (a problem for other toilets also (from the reception, lobby)) - repaired by the staff - the air conditioning had a problem once, was draining (we found water on the floor, after 2 hours), the staff repaired it right away, but it isn't an usual issue for a 5-stars hotel (the appliances should be changed, as well as the furniture) - key-cards were demagnetizing very often, we had to change them almost every day in the second part of the stay. - the beach is large but it is quite crowded (I hope it is only in high season, we were in January), the pool seats as well. - In conclusion, despite the 5 stars of the hotel, I would give it 3 stars (Three European stars)
pools, beach service, guest supervisor service, trolley carts within the hotel facilities, poolside bar drink service, pool towel service, themed restaurants (3 out of 5 options available), a children's playroom, with a monitor to supervise children within this room
One of the rooms used had severe water seeping into the bathroom ceiling, wetting the entire bathroom, and dripping water over the shower, caused by the use of the upstairs bedroom bathtub. When reported to Francisco (guest service team supervisor) he changed rooms by helping us carry our bags to the new room, and helping us with a number of issues in an exemplary manner. Upon arrival we found a rat walking in the lobby of the hotel lobby. There was a dead cockroach folded in the middle of the cloth napkin in the restaurant, we only noticed after using the napkin. The main restaurant offered themed dinners, and at one of them mid-dinner time (around 8 pm - dinner was served between 6:30 pm and 10 pm) Main food ended at the buffet was no longer replenished, in conversation with the Kitchen chef and the restaurant supervisor on this issue the only answer was: "I feel sad that I can't serve you this dish, everything we've done is over". The room was not cleaned properly, the bedding was not changed either, we noticed this because when we arrived there was a yellowish stain on the sheet that remained for three days, a glass (from the room) with a tea package inside (used) was on At the table for 2 days, used towels were left on a chair in the hotel room for two days without being collected. We found a cockroach on the door of the hotel room (which was killed by the hotel guestervice staff boss - Francisco) After reporting these issues, Francisco made all reports to the Hotel management, who offered us $ 200 to be used in the hotel shop as compensation for damages but to receive we would have to sign a document (all room adults) pledging us not to comment on what happened to anyone and not comment on what happened on any social network or digital form of communication. When we requested to remove this item from the document, the hotel management informed that it was not possible to remove such restrictions, and therefore we did not sign the document.
The Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana is a sprawling beachfront resort in the Dominican Republic offering a perfect location for a family vacation, a romantic couples vacation, or a business retreat.
The Grand Bahia Principe is an all-inclusive resort which includes access to a mini-bar with snacks and drinks, a wide selection of unlimited cocktails, beers and soft drinks at resorts bars, one diving lesson per person in the pool, buffet dining at the Grand Bahia Principe, beach umbrella and towel service, three a la carte dinners per week of stay, and more. All-inclusive guests also enjoy access to the restaurants (except buffets), facilities, entertainment, and relaxation services of sister properties Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro and Grand Bahia Principe Turquesa.
Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana has 756 guestrooms that are brightly appointed with balconies or terraces, seating areas, and satellite TVs. Rooms also feature classic amenities such as coffee makers, satellite television, and luxurious bathroom amenities.
The resort itself features six restaurants, including a buffet breakfast, lunch, and dinner at Orquidea Main Restaurant. Guests will never bore, with two pools, four bars, a children’s water park and a full-service spa on the property. For an additional charge, guests can enjoy a myriad of aquatic sports, including scuba diving, sailing classes, paddle boarding, fishing, banana boats and more. Golfers can play on the country’s finest courses, including the Punta Cana Gold Club and the White Sands Golf Course.
For a fun-filled vacation amidst beautiful beaches and ocean water, the Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana is a fantastic location for groups, families and anyone looking for an entertaining beach vacation.
based on 9 483 reviews
Things to know
- Friendly atmosphere
- Pleasant hotel grounds
Policies vary by room type and provider.
FAQs when booking at Bahia Principe Grand Punta Cana
What are fun things to do at the Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana?
Does the Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana put on nightly shows for entertainment?
What makes the Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana golf course outstanding?
Can I enjoy a special treatment at the Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana spa?
Are fitness classes part of the Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana’s athletic program?
Are there any available kids’ clubs?
Can I enhance my couple’s stay at the Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana with a package?
What is the quickest route from Punta Cana Airport to the hotel?
Where is Bahia Principe Grand Punta Cana located?
When is check-in time and check-out time at Bahia Principe Grand Punta Cana?
Does Bahia Principe Grand Punta Cana offer free Wi-Fi?
Does Bahia Principe Grand Punta Cana offer free parking?
Does Bahia Principe Grand Punta Cana offer free airport shuttle service?
How far is Bahia Principe Grand Punta Cana from the airport?
Can you bring pets to Bahia Principe Grand Punta Cana?
Does Bahia Principe Grand Punta Cana have a pool?
Reviews about Bahia Principe Grand Punta Cana
Most popular landmarks
- Punta Blanca Golf Course 1 km
- Cana Bay Golf Club 1,9 km
- Iberostar Golf Course 2,1 km
- Hard Rock Casino Punta Cana 2,2 km
- White Sands Golf Course 2,9 km
- Avalon Casino Punta Cana 4,2 km
|Punta Cana||20,4 km|
|La Romana||56,1 km|