Good to know
|Distance to city centre||1,8 km|
|Nearest airport||New York LaGuardia|
|Distance to airport||8,6 km|
|"Our junior suite was perfect."||(in 12 reviews)|
|"Loved Loved Loved the location!"||(in 154 reviews)|
|"Very dedicated and very helpful staff."||(in 143 reviews)|
|"Indicated a fee which I would not accept"||(in 14 reviews)|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
|bathroom was small||in 49 reviews|
|bigger than expected||in 10 reviews|
|brick wall||in 10 reviews|
|close to subway||in 32 reviews|
|closing doors||in 5 reviews|
|comfortable beds||in 52 reviews|
|daily fee||in 44 reviews|
|great location||in 247 reviews|
|hotel is not good||in 103 reviews|
|junior suite||in 27 reviews|
|new york||in 14 reviews|
|room floor||in 2 reviews|
|spacious room||in 260 reviews|
|staff was friendly||in 214 reviews|
|street noise||in 43 reviews|
|time square||in 4 reviews|
|walking distance||in 13 reviews|
|wine hour||in 55 reviews|
The hotel is well located and the room is spacious
(1) for a New York hotel room costing $400 per night [ i.e. US $ 1260.85 for three nights] after the beginning of October you expect the room to be heated -- it wasn't -- except the front desk supplied a noisy floor fan type heater when nightime temperature fell below 10 degrees (2) the booking promised "free wi-fi" but guests pay a COMPULSORY "FACILITIES FEE" of $39 per night to have wi-fi in the room plus some additional unwanted items such as a "free" chocolate bar from the front desk (3) while it is not the hotel's fault, people thinking of booking should be aware that 50th street east is extremely noisy with trucks and deliveries all night ( even into the wee hours of Sunday) every night -- the windows are not very noise proof -- the hotel supplied a pair foam ear plugs --
Lovely better then i expected had a nice relaxing weekend and upgraded to a double queen with no hassle. I would love to comeback again
The room size was huge!
The staff were not friendly. I spoke to three different staff members over my one night stay. Just awful. No hello when checking in just straight to ID and credit card. No greeting when walking in or out of the lobby.
Excellent Location Friendly staff.hotel reception staff and Sammy at the door were so friendly and helpful.
It was the week of the UN summit. So there was a lot of police presence with sirens blaring.
Fifty Hotel & Suites puts visitors to NYC in the midst of all the action. Withing walking distance, hotel guests will find the Rockefeller Center, Times Square, the Theatre District, and Madison Avenue shopping. The decor is sophisticated and modern, and the property has plenty of amenities to enjoy.
Breakfast is served daily, and there is a daily wine social. Room service is available from 11 am to 1 am daily, and guests can order many different items including burgers, Caesar salads, and French toast. There is also a grocery service provided by FreshDirect. The gym has recently been renovated and is open for guests 24 hours per day. The property offers valet parking for all guests.
The accommodations include studios, rooms, and suites with kitchens. The guest rooms can be outfitted with either a king-sized bed or two queen beds, and they contain coffee makers, mini-fridge, and a workspace area. The Studio Suite is a little larger than the guest room and contains a small kitchen. The kitchen contains a stove, microwave, fridge, coffeemaker, and dishware. The Junior Suite is very spacious and contains a king-sized bed plus a sleeper sofa, as well as the fully stocked kitchen. The One Bedroom Suite has a separate living room, kitchen, and bedroom. In total, this suite is 790 square feet. The Terrace Suite is similar to the One Bedroom Suite space wise, except it also features a terrace that overlooks Midtown Manhattan. The Fifty Hotel & Suites is a pet-friendly property.
based on 4 515 reviews
Things to know
- Spacious rooms
- Friendly service
Policies vary by room type and provider.
Reviews about Fifty Hotel & Suites by Affinia
Most popular landmarks
- Grand Central Terminal 0,7 km
- Rockefeller Center 0,7 km
- Museum of Modern Art 0,8 km
- New York Public Library 1 km
- Bryant Park 1 km
- Times Square 1,2 km
|New York LaGuardia||8,6 km|
|New York - Penn Station||2 km|
|Secaucus Junction, New Jeresy||8,8 km|