Good to know
|Distance to city centre||2,1 km|
|Nearest airport||Groton-New London|
|Distance to airport||4,7 km|
|"Bed was comfortable and clean."||(in 9 reviews)|
|"Staff was awesome!room was clean."||(in 49 reviews)|
|"Good location, easy to find"||(in 29 reviews)|
|"The room was dirty"||(in 100 reviews)|
|"The bed was very uncomfortable."||(in 6 reviews)|
|"Entire hotel smelled like smoke."||(in 26 reviews)|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
|burn marks||in 27 reviews|
|coffee pots||in 35 reviews|
|coffee tea packets||in 5 reviews|
|continental breakfast||in 126 reviews|
|double beds||in 31 reviews|
|good location||in 77 reviews|
|great price||in 73 reviews|
|hallways smelled||in 48 reviews|
|mohegan sun||in 5 reviews|
|room was clean||in 197 reviews|
|shady people||in 49 reviews|
|sheets were dirty||in 5 reviews|
|smoke cigarette||in 4 reviews|
|smoking room||in 273 reviews|
|staff was friendly||in 93 reviews|
|taco bell||in 5 reviews|
|tv remote||in 6 reviews|
I love that it’s clean and quiet great value for the price.
Beds are springy. We were put in a room without working heat and only had a thin blanket it was very cold.
I liked the size of the room, it was spacious, and the location of the property. It was easy to get to from Interstate 95, and convenient to travel to the places that I needed to go to as well. I also liked that it had a refrigerator that worked, as well as, a desk with plenty of room.
(1) I did not like that I was assigned a room that someone had already been in, and no one came to recheck the cleanliness after the person was moved to the room that the supervisor had assigned me before I arrived. (2) The night supervisor activated the key card and sent me to the room that was assigned to me in the computer system but when I attempted to enter the room I found that the chain was on the door from the inside. I went back to the front desk and explained the situation. The night supervisor had to find an available room for me and was unaware that anyone had been moved into the room that was reserved for me earlier in the day. (3) On day two (2), after a long day, I came back to the hotel hoping to take a shower and turn in for the night, but my key card did not work (2) two out of the (3) days that I was there. I went to the service desk and explained that my key card was not working, and was told that they knew and forgot to reactivate it. I did not feel comfortable with that situation and did not understand why my key card would have been deactivated at all. (4) The entire time that I was there, the bed had not been made once, although you could tell that someone other than myself had entered the room after I had left. There were hanging cards that stated that they would change out the towels and bedding upon request, but none that stated they would not make the bed. (5) The carpet was not clean, and well worn in high trafficked areas. (6) By 7:30 a.m., the only breakfast item left was cereal, everything else had been eaten and not replenished. (7) The pictures on the booking web-site did not reflect the actual condition of the hotel.
Please thank and acknowledge Amanda Tift Front Desk Manager and her fellow co-workers for exceptional and professional customer service during my weekly stays at Super 8 Wyndham in Groton,CT!! Having recently moved from Las Vegas back to CT, I was greeted by courteous, professional, and efficient front desk team members who made sure my needs were met! Clean and fresh smelling with efficient air-conditioner/heating unit. Laundry, ice machine, and microwave accessible in lobby area 24/7. Location convenient to Walmart, Stop& Shop, eateries, and convenience/gas stations. Bus routes to Foxwoods, Norwich, New London right across street. Great deal on weekly rates!
The young ladies at the front desk under the guidance of Manager Amanda Tift are professional, courteous to ALL GUESTS, efficient, VERY ACCOMMODATING, very helpful with directions and suggestions regarding area eating spots and sights including bus stops that take you to Foxwoods and local spots! Ice machine, microwave, laundry machines in lobby accessible 24-hour. Complimentary breakfast FREE! Weekly price very affordable for travelers. Clean and clean smelling. Heater and air-conditioner very powerful and dust free!! Wi-fi and Cable TV included in price.
* Mystic Seaport & Groton Airport 5 miles * Foxwoods Casino 20 miles * Mohegan Sun Casino 15 miles * Groton Submarine Base 3 miles * Marinelife Aquarium, Sandy Beaches, Restaurants nearby * 24 Hour Desk * Elevator * Guest Laundry * Suites - Executive King, Single, Recliner * Children 16 & Under Stay Free * Free Super Start Breakfast * All guestrooms have free wireless internet access, Sat/Cable TV w/HBO and newly released PPV movies, hair dryer, free local calls, Microwave and Fridge.
based on 1 084 reviews
Policies vary by room type and provider.
FAQs when booking at Super 8 by Wyndham Groton
Where is Super 8 by Wyndham Groton located?
Super 8 by Wyndham Groton is located at 173 Rt 12, 2,1 km from the centre of Groton. Fort Griswold Battlefield State Park is the closest landmark to Super 8 by Wyndham Groton.
When is check-in time and check-out time at Super 8 by Wyndham Groton?
Check-in time is 15:00 and check-out time is 11:00 at Super 8 by Wyndham Groton.
Does Super 8 by Wyndham Groton offer free Wi-Fi?
Yes, Super 8 by Wyndham Groton offers free Wi-Fi.
Does Super 8 by Wyndham Groton offer free parking?
Yes, Super 8 by Wyndham Groton offers free parking.
Does Super 8 by Wyndham Groton offer free airport shuttle service?
No, Super 8 by Wyndham Groton does not offer free airport shuttle service.
How far is Super 8 by Wyndham Groton from the airport?
Super 8 by Wyndham Groton is 46,7 km from New Shoreham Block Island. Super 8 by Wyndham Groton is 65,1 km from Quahog.
Can you bring pets to Super 8 by Wyndham Groton?
No, pets are not allowed at Super 8 by Wyndham Groton.
Does Super 8 by Wyndham Groton have a pool?
No, Super 8 by Wyndham Groton does not have a pool on-site.
Reviews about Super 8 by Wyndham Groton
Most popular landmarks
- Fort Griswold Battlefield State Park 1,8 km
- Submarine Force Library & Museum 2,6 km
- Naval Submarine Base New London 2,7 km
- Monte Cristo Cottage 4,5 km
- Shennecossett Golf Course 4,5 km
- Ocean Beach Park 7 km
|New Shoreham Block Island||46,7 km|
|New London||2,4 km|