Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Darjeeling
Compare vs KAYAK |
Good to know
|December||Cheapest month to stay with an average 15% drop in price.|
|May||Most expensive month to stay with an average 143% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|R716||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|R767||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
Top tips for finding the perfect Darjeeling hotel deal
- If you want to be in a lively area surrounded by plenty of shops, bars and restaurants, select hotels near the Chowrasta square, also called The Mall. Windamere Hotel is a well-known 4-star property situated in the very heart of this area. However, if you prefer a more budget-friendly option, Dekeling Hotel is a 2-star hotel primarily for couples and only a 4-minute walk from the square.
- Hopping on the “Toy Train” and enjoying a slow ride through the hilly terrain of Himalayas is one of the most popular activities for tourists in Darjeeling. Darjeeling Himalayan Railway is a World Heritage Site that is a real treat for history or railway enthusiasts. The 3-star Udaan Hotel Zambala Retreat is within a 2-minute walk from the Darjeeling Railway Station on Hill Cart Road and offers mountain views.
- If you are a tea lover, visit Happy Valley Tea Estate, where you can take a guided tour, have a stroll in the tea gardens and observe how the famous Darjeeling tea is produced. You can reach that place in 10 minutes from Krishna Residency, a 3-star property not far from the centre.
- Those who are seeking adventures or like to climb, stop by the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute to learn the history of mountaineering or to attend a course. The Himalayan Mountaineering Institute was opened to endorse mountaineering and includes the Everest Museum, which displays rich collections from various expeditions. Hotel Orchid Residency is an affordable option only 4 minutes from the Institute and 6 minutes from Chowrasta.
- If you are travelling with kids, consider staying near Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park that is located in the northern part of the town. The zoo in Darjeeling is famous for its efforts to save endangered Himalayan species, such as red pandas and snow leopards. Little Singamari Homestay is a great family accommodation next to the zoo and away from the bustle of the city centre.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Darjeeling
Are hotels in Darjeeling safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
How much does a hotel cost in Darjeeling?
Which hotel in Darjeeling is near Peace Pagoda?
Which hotels in Darjeeling are close to the Mahakal Temple?
What are good hotels in Darjeeling near Himalayan Tibet Museum?
What good hotels in Darjeeling are close to Observatory Hill?
Which hotel in Darjeeling is in close proximity to Shrubbery Nightingale Park?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Darjeeling?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Darjeeling by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Darjeeling hotels
Go to map