Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Mātherān
Compare vs KAYAK |
Good to know
|July||Cheapest month to stay with an average 18% drop in price.|
|December||Most expensive month to stay with an average 210% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|R645||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|R846||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
When to book cheap hotels in Mātherān?
Price per night / 3-star hotel. Prices are not fixed and may vary with time.
Average nightly price per month
Average nightly price per month
Top tips for finding perfect Mātherān hotel deals
- If you’re looking for a cheap hotel in Mātherān, you should consider visiting during the low season. You'll find cheaper accommodations in Mātherān in July and August.
- Hotel room prices vary depending on many factors but you’ll most likely find the best hotel deals in Mātherān if you stay on a Tuesday. The opposite is true for, Friday, which is usually the most expensive day.
- Those who want to be near the shopping area in Mātherān should pick one of the hotels close to Mahatma Gandhi Road, for example The Byke Heritage Hotel. Mahatma Gandhi is the main road in the city that is lined with numerous shops where you can find local products and souvenirs. The area is known as Matheran Local Market.
- Visitors who wish to be in a serene area with nice views are better booking a hotel near Charlotte Lake, which is located about 15 minutes from Matheran Local Market. The lake is surrounded by greenery and overlooks a waterfall and the mountains. SaffronStays Parsi Manor is a stylish property with a balcony and garden, and it is located within a 10-minute walk of Charlotte Lake.
- The Mātherān Toy Train is one of the most popular attractions in the city and gives you a chance to discover the Western Gaths of India and admire the landscape. If you want to join the journey on this heritage railway, select a hotel close to the railway station, for example Roshan Palace, which offers family rooms and breakfast.
- Those who like climbing should head to Mount Barry, one of the highest points in Mātherān, followed by Governor’s Hill. Those two spots are among the most popular viewing spots in Mātherān because they offer panoramic views of the area. The Wayside Inn is a budget hotel that will place you in close proximity to Mount Barry and Governor’s Hill.
- If you are looking for a unique outdoor experience, go on a challenging trek to the Monkey Point. The trail offers picturesque views of the mountains and its biggest highlight is seeing the monkeys who frequent the area. Green Hill Resort is a 3-star property located within walking distance of Monkey Point and the railway station.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Mātherān
Are hotels in Mātherān safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
Which hotels in Mātherān are close to Echo Point?
Which hotel in Mātherān is near Shivaji’s Ladder?
Which hotels in Mātherān have an on-site restaurant?
Which hotels in Mātherān have airport shuttles?
How do I find a hotel in central Mātherān?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Mātherān?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Mātherān by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Mātherān hotels
Go to map