Des Moines hotels
Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Des Moines
Compare vs KAYAK |
Good to know
|December||Cheapest month to stay with an average 23% drop in price.|
|June||Most expensive month to stay with an average 39% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|R1 869||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|R2 413||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
Top tips for finding the perfect Des Moines hotel
- For visitors who want to spend time at the Iowa State Fairground, either to see the livestock sales, flea markets or various other shows such as trade or antique shows, that come to the fairground throughout the year, think about staying at the Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Fairground. This 2-star hotel is located next to the fairground and the surrounding area has a range of restaurants and bars. Ensure you check the program for the Iowa State Fairground beforehand to see what’s on.
- For golfers visiting Des Moines, why not stay in the Holiday Inn Express Des Moines at Drake University? This 2-star hotel is a 6-minute drive from the Waveland Golf Course, which is an 18-hole course established in 1901. The course is the oldest municipal course west of the Mississippi River. The golf course has a Pro Shop at the club house in case you need to stock up on tees or golf balls.
- If you want to stay in Downtown Des Moines to be in amongst the hustle and bustle of the city, you could stay at the 3-star Hyatt Palace Des Moines/Downtown, which is near various restaurants, shops and the Downtown Farmers’ Market of Des Moines. This area also boasts live music acts and shows, especially during the summer months.
- Wanting to explore the World Food Prize Hall of Laureates and visit the gardens afterwards? Consider booking the Embassy Suites Hilton Des Moines, located on the bank of the Des Moines River. This 3-star hotel is a 1-minute drive away from the World Food Prize Hall of Laureates – a museum dedicated to a Nobel Peace Prize winner who was renowned for creating food programs to eliminate hunger.
- If you want to explore the historical background of Des Moines, you could stay in the East Village, which is home to the Iowa State Capital Building and the State of Iowa Historical Museum. The 3-star AC Hotel Des Moines East Village is located within the East Village and from here you can wander around the area and take a look at some of the listed buildings.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Des Moines
Are hotels in Des Moines safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
How much does a hotel cost in Des Moines?
Which hotels in Des Moines have indoor swimming pools?
Which hotels in Des Moines provide airport shuttles?
Which hotels in Des Moines are located near the Science Center of Iowa?
Which hotels in Des Moines have breakfast included in the price?
How much is a hotel in Des Moines for tonight?
How much is a hotel in Des Moines for this weekend?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Des Moines?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Des Moines by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Des Moines hotelsCheck availabilityFree Wi-FiPet-friendlyAir conditioningCheck availabilityCheck availability
Go to map
Most recommended Des Moines hotelsShow all