Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Colombo
Compare vs KAYAK |
Good to know
|July||Cheapest month to stay with an average 20% drop in price.|
|March||Most expensive month to stay with an average 28% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|R1 397||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|R1 250||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
Top tips for finding the perfect Colombo hotel
- Hoping to do some shopping during your time in Colombo? Select a hotel in Pettah, a neighbourhood known for having a series of famous outdoor bazaars — commonly referred to as the Pettah Market. The 55 Fort Train Hostel is a budget-friendly choice located in the heart of this neighbourhood and is only a 6-minute walk from the city’s main port.
- To discover some of Colombo’s green spaces, choose a hotel near Galle Face Green, such as the chic Taj Samudra located a 2-minute walk away. This urban park stretches for more than 500 meters along the oceanfront and covers about 5 hectares.
- If you are interested in the history of Buddhism, consider staying in a hotel near the Gangaramaya Buddhist Temple, a historic site that contains many artefacts, as well as a visitor education centre. Alternatively, the Residence by Uga Escapes is set in a mansion that was built in the 19th century and is only a 4-minute walk from the temple.
- Travellers who want to learn more about Sri Lanka’s heritage and culture should pick a hotel near the National Museum of Colombo, such as the modern Le Papillon hotel, which is less than a 5-minute walk away. This museum contains many artefacts and objects related to the history of Sri Lanka and offers both guided and self-guided tours.
- If you are a golf-enthusiast, make sure to book a hotel close to the Royal Colombo Golf Club, such as the Villa Key 2 Ceylon, which is only a 3-minute drive away. This 18-hole course is the oldest golf club in Sri Lanka and has an upscale restaurant available to both members and guests.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Colombo
Are hotels in Colombo safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
How much does a hotel cost in Colombo?
Which hotels in Colombo have a good view?
What are some good hotels in Colombo for business travellers?
What good hotels in Colombo are near the Independence Memorial Hall?
What good hotels in Colombo are near the Colombo Dutch Museum?
How much is a hotel in Colombo for tonight?
How much is a hotel in Colombo for this weekend?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Colombo?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Colombo by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Colombo hotels
Go to map