Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Ballina
Compare vs KAYAK |
Good to know
|May||Cheapest month to stay with an average 40% drop in price.|
|February||Most expensive month to stay with an average 43% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|R1 640||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|R1 305||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
Top tips for finding the perfect Ballina hotel
- The North Wall in Ballina by the mouth of the Richmond River is a popular spot for surfing, whale watching and walking. A walking track takes you along the river towards Shaws Bay or you can head in the other direction towards the Ballina Beach. A good option in this area between Shaws Bay and the sea is the Quality Hotel Beach Resort, only a 7-minute walk to the North Wall and to the Beach.
- Further along the coast is the Ballina Head Lookout and the Ballina Lighthouse, also known as the Richmond River Light. This lighthouse was first built in 1866 and remains active to this day. For those looking to stay close to the headland, the Grandview Apartments are only a 5-minute walk away. From here you can also continue up the beach towards the Black Head Lookout.
- One of the most popular past times in Ballina is fishing and there are a number of fishing charters that set off from the boat harbour and up the Richmond River or its nearby tributaries. If you are intending to do some fishing, you may wish to stay somewhere close to the harbour or the river, such as the Almare Tourist Motel. This motel is only a 10-minute walk to the harbour and 5-minutes to the North Creek Canal and Fishery Creek.
- Because of its location close to the Border Ranges, Ballina is also a popular place to hire a plane charter for spectacular views over the mountains and surrounding coast. For those who will be flying, you may wish to stay close to the Ballina Byron Gateway Airport in the north of the city. The Ballina Colonial is a good option in this area, only a 5-minute drive from the airport.
- For followers of giant statues around the world, you might want to find a location close to Ballina’s pride and joy, the Big Prawn. The Fun ‘n’ Sun Motel is only a 5-minute walk down the road and is also close to the shopping centre in West Ballina.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Ballina
Are hotels in Ballina safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
What hotels in Ballina are close to the centre of the town?
What hotels in Ballina have a view of the river?
What hotels in Ballina are good for those on a budget?
What hotels in Ballina have a pool?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Ballina?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Ballina by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Ballina hotelsFree Wi-FiPoolPet-friendlyAir conditioningCheck availabilityCheck availability
Go to map
Most recommended Ballina hotelsShow all