Good to know
|Distance to city centre||0,1 km|
|Nearest airport||Geneva Geneve-Cointrin|
|Distance to airport||128,6 km|
|"Great location, Friendly staff, Great Value"||(in 17 reviews)|
|"Great breakfast, friendly helpful staff"||(in 81 reviews)|
|"The location is so perfect."||(in 52 reviews)|
|"room is very small"||(in 15 reviews)|
|"Single room with the shared facilities on the floor is close to terrible."||(in 4 reviews)|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
|balcony with view of matterhorn||in 48 reviews|
|bit small||in 13 reviews|
|close to the train||in 27 reviews|
|close to the train station||in 75 reviews|
|floor to ceiling windows||in 12 reviews|
|good breakfast||in 122 reviews|
|great location||in 80 reviews|
|great spa||in 15 reviews|
|great view||in 65 reviews|
|hotel is very good||in 70 reviews|
|located close||in 4 reviews|
|matterhorn from balcony||in 3 reviews|
|metropol||in 12 reviews|
|range of foods||in 7 reviews|
|room is very small||in 57 reviews|
|room with balcony||in 4 reviews|
|single room||in 13 reviews|
|staff were also friendly||in 98 reviews|
|value for money||in 23 reviews|
|zermatt||in 18 reviews|
- All was great during my stay. I had an amazing check-in with a super welcoming and friendly young lady (forgot her name, but remember she was from Brig!). She explained it all to me and had a nice chat with me, really connecting to me as a guest. - The hotel is very close to the station and easy to go to even if you have heavy lugage. - The location is fabulous, with mountain views everywhere (not hard in Zermatt anyway). - The hotel is in an old style that goes with the swiss chalet styles that I loved, and very well kept and clean. - The breakfast is amazing, with so much variety! - I had a very quiet and peaceful stay, no noise at all.
- Only one comment regarding the hot breakfast food: it was a very small portion for many people, it finished always very quickly and it was not replaced. - Check-in is done at next door hotel (where breakfast also is served), which is not a problem, but should be clear in the booking email.
Clean, excellent service
The toilet is too small
Lovely view. Has one of the best breakfast spreads.
Clean. Good Breakfast. Very close to train station. Although, no aircon, weather in Zermatt is cooling.
Bed Mattress is too soft. Not comfortable.
Even with a mix up with Expedia (won't use them again) booking in the main hotel Metropol the staff were extremely accommodating and did they best they could to fix the issue. The staff at both locations were great the the amenities were fantastic. Worth getting pool time in the main hotel as it overlooks the Matterhorn. View from hotel Alfa was fantastic would definitely stay here again.
Minor - private bathroom was in the hallway- room a bit tight with 4 beds but who cares we were outside enjoying zermatt 99% of the time.
When you stay at Swiss Lodge Hotel Alfa in Zermatt, you'll be near ski lifts, just steps from Matterhorn Ski Paradise and 5 minutes by foot from St. Mauritius Church. Featured amenities include complimentary newspapers in the lobby, dry cleaning/laundry services, and multilingual staff. For a surcharge, guests may use a shuttle from the airport to the hotel (available 24 hours) and a train station pick-up service.
based on 696 reviews
Things to know
- Clean rooms
- Train station is close
Policies vary by room type and provider.
FAQs when booking at Swiss Lodge Hotel Alfa
Where is Swiss Lodge Hotel Alfa located?
Swiss Lodge Hotel Alfa is located at Obere Mattenstrasse 18, 0,1 km from the centre of Zermatt. Matterhorn Museum is the closest landmark to Swiss Lodge Hotel Alfa.
When is check-in time and check-out time at Swiss Lodge Hotel Alfa?
Check-in time is 14:00 and check-out time is 11:00 at Swiss Lodge Hotel Alfa.
Does Swiss Lodge Hotel Alfa offer free Wi-Fi?
Yes, Swiss Lodge Hotel Alfa offers free Wi-Fi.
Does Swiss Lodge Hotel Alfa offer free parking?
No, Swiss Lodge Hotel Alfa does not offer free parking.
Does Swiss Lodge Hotel Alfa offer free airport shuttle service?
No, Swiss Lodge Hotel Alfa does not offer free airport shuttle service.
How far is Swiss Lodge Hotel Alfa from the airport?
Swiss Lodge Hotel Alfa is 87,4 km from Milan Malpensa. Swiss Lodge Hotel Alfa is 89,6 km from Lugano.
Can you bring pets to Swiss Lodge Hotel Alfa?
Yes, Swiss Lodge Hotel Alfa is a pet-friendly hotel.
Does Swiss Lodge Hotel Alfa have a pool?
Yes, Swiss Lodge Hotel Alfa has a pool on-site.
Reviews about Swiss Lodge Hotel Alfa
Most popular landmarks
- Matterhorn Museum 352 m
- Zermatt-Matterhorn Ski Resort 358 m
- Zermatt Railway Station 0,4 km
- Sunnegga Ski Resort 1,6 km
- Gornerschlucht 1,6 km
- Schwarzsee 4,8 km
|Milan Malpensa||87,4 km|