Good to know
|Value for money||7,5|
|Distance to city centre||2,1 km|
|Nearest airport||Kota Kinabalu|
|Distance to airport||4,1 km|
|"Amazing sunset at swimming pool bar."||(in 88 reviews)|
|"Staffs are friendly, very efficient ."||(in 95 reviews)|
|"Great variety of breakfast."||(in 47 reviews)|
|"Poor service from staff."||(in 8 reviews)|
|"Very loud music from the restaurant by the pool that went on until midnight."||(in 4 reviews)|
|"I booked and PAID FOR a NON smoking, king bed, room facing the ocean."||(in 6 reviews)|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
|bit old||in 111 reviews|
|buffet breakfast||in 76 reviews|
|close to the airport||in 20 reviews|
|club lounge||in 12 reviews|
|facilities are good||in 25 reviews|
|free drinking||in 2 reviews|
|good hotel||in 65 reviews|
|good location||in 49 reviews|
|great place to stay||in 12 reviews|
|loud music||in 10 reviews|
|lovely setting||in 6 reviews|
|magellan||in 9 reviews|
|private beach||in 9 reviews|
|room is so big||in 97 reviews|
|room service||in 37 reviews|
|sea view||in 77 reviews|
|shuttle bus||in 8 reviews|
|smoking room||in 14 reviews|
|staff were friendly||in 127 reviews|
|swimming pool||in 130 reviews|
The pool is fantastic and usually no problems getting a lounger. Had several great dinners at Cafe Boleh and absolutely excellent service from waiter Josdie, he is a huge asset to the resort. Overall staff were very good and friendly. Fabulous cocktails (best pina colada ever). Lovely, large and refurbished rooms. Very convenient having boat access to islands from resort. Lots of facilities (restaurants, movie cinema, swimming pools, billiards/table tennis/tennis/badminton, bowling alley...).
It's pretty busy, so lobby area and breakfast buffet a bit of a madhouse at times. They ran out of pool towels twice in the time we were there which was very annoying and impractical. It's a long walk back to the room for a bath towel and why should you have to? That is happened once was bad, twice was unacceptable (I emailed but did not get a reply). One night a car alarm went off at around 10:30pm and was blaring for over an hour, keeping everyone awake. It went off again at 6:45am the following morning which woke everyone up and this went on for 75 minutes. Breakfast was really average, and every day (we were there 6 nights) there was problems with the coffee machines, at least one (usually more) not working. Difficult to find some of the facilites initially e.g. bowling alley - some signage would be useful as well as info on opening hours and pricing. No bath towels in one of our rooms upon arrival, and no hand towels in the other. Had a couple of spa treatments, they were okay but nothing special and quite pricey. Access to outside area is not great (poor indoor/outdoor flow).
The Sea View which I had booked & almost didn't get.
No value for money. Mediocre service n not up to par quality of food. General cleanliness sorely lacking.
The Sea View.
1. Bad Check in Experience. A) Check in experience was well below par for a Club Floor room. Room was not a Club Twin as requested. Was upgraded to a Jr. SUITE without a Twin beds. Had to wait for a Twin room for some time. Stressful check in experience. Booked Sea view. No sea view available had to wait for sea view room to be vacant. B) Service is horrible. Staff not attentive. No managers or supervisors monitoring Staff constantly had to be called for service. C) Food quality & selection is poor. For the price paid :No value for money. Worse Club Cocktail hour ever experienced. D) Lounge full of mosquitoes n staff could do nothing. Bitten all over while drinking bottle of wine. E) Cleanliness of property. The small beach & surrounding waters was dirty. Had rubbish floating in water ect. Pool side Cafe. Staff didn't clear fast enough even though not busy. Pigeons attacked leftovers on plates left uncleared. Huge mess of food bits all over courtesy of the pigeons. Staff not attentive or service oriented. Property needs better maintenance & upkeep.
Hotel guests have access to the Marina Country Club.
The hotel is refurbishing their rooms, but our room is still the old one, so it's little run down. The selection of food in breakfast is limited in the club lounge.
Badminton and workout!
too many Korean people, noisy
Located in Kota Kinabalu (Downtown Kota Kinabalu), The Pacific Sutera Hotel is within a 5-minute walk of Sutera Harbour and within a 5-minute drive of Sabah State Mosque. Featured amenities include complimentary wired Internet access, a business center, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Free self parking is available onsite.
based on 975 reviews
Value for money
Policies vary by room type and provider.
Reviews about The Pacific Sutera Hotel
Most popular landmarks
- Sutera Harbour 0,5 km
- Masjid Negeri Sabah 1,2 km
- Muzium Sabah 1,6 km
- Pantai Tanjung Aru 2,2 km
- Centre Point Sabah 2,2 km
- Pasar Besar Kota Kinabalu 2,8 km
|Kota Kinabalu||4,1 km|