Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Canberra
Compare vs KAYAK |
Good to know
|August||Cheapest month to stay with an average 21% drop in price.|
|February||Most expensive month to stay with an average 89% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|R2 381||Average Sun - Thu price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|R2 358||Average Fri & Sat price over the last 2 weeks.|
Top tips for finding the perfect Canberra hotel
- Hoping to see a particularly scenic side of Canberra? Select a hotel next to Lake Burley Griffin, such as the Hyatt Hotel, which is located a 2-minute walk away. Lake Burley Griffin is a scenic man-made lake that boasts a variety of walking trails, boating docks and fishing areas, making it a popular area to explore the city’s natural side.
- If you enjoy art, make sure to choose a hotel next to the National Gallery of Australia, such as the 4-star Little National Hotel Canberra. This museum incorporates both international and local art, with an emphasis on aboriginal pieces, allowing guests to learn more about the region’s rich culture.
- For those that enjoy hiking, book a hotel next to Mount Ainslie, a large hill that has several trails and an overlook that offers sweeping views of Canberra and the surrounding area. The Mercure Canberra is a 4-star hotel that is only a 2-minute drive from Mount Ainslie and a 10-minute walk to the city centre.
- If you are visiting Canberra with your family, try to book a hotel next to a kid-friendly activity, such as the Rydges Capital Hill that is a 10-minute walk from Questacon. Questacon is a children’s museum that contains interactive exhibits related to technology and science, as well as fun forms of entertainment, like puppet shows.
- For travellers who love literature and books, pick a hotel near the National Library of Australia, a large public library that contains several book-related exhibits, a reading room and a bookshop. The Ovolo Nishi hotel is a unique choice that is less than a 5-minute drive from the library and a 6-minute walk to the National Film and Sound Archive.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Canberra
Are hotels in Canberra safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
How much does a hotel cost in Canberra?
Which hotels in Canberra have a good indoor pool?
Are there hotels in Canberra with free parking?
What are good hotels in Canberra near the Parliament House?
What are some good hotels in Canberra near the Australian War Memorial?
How much is a hotel in Canberra for tonight?
How much is a hotel in Canberra for this weekend?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Canberra?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Canberra by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Canberra hotelsCheck availability
Go to map
Most recommended Canberra hotelsShow all