Good to know
|Distance to city centre||0,8 km|
|Nearest airport||Paris Orly|
|Distance to airport||19,3 km|
|"Close to Versailles Palace.Nice personal."||(in 56 reviews)|
|"Very helpful and polite staff."||(in 74 reviews)|
|"The location was perfect !"||(in 115 reviews)|
|"No tea/coffee making facilities."||(in 8 reviews)|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
|breakfast a bit||in 58 reviews|
|coffee making||in 32 reviews|
|comfortable bed||in 11 reviews|
|excellent restaurant||in 34 reviews|
|french style||in 17 reviews|
|great location||in 156 reviews|
|location and breakfast||in 56 reviews|
|outside the hotel||in 78 reviews|
|room was clean||in 9 reviews|
|staff very friendly||in 101 reviews|
|steps away||in 12 reviews|
|street parking||in 28 reviews|
|train station||in 28 reviews|
|versailles palace||in 90 reviews|
|water leaks||in 11 reviews|
Nice staff and location
Rooms were clean but hotel rooms need to be renovated
Great location . Clean and comfortable
Hotel de France located in 5-7 minutes from chateau Versailles. Intérieur is atmospheric. Real part of history!
1. Poor lights. I really feel like in XVIII Château : no good lights, cold, smell of canalisation from bathroom and some unknown bugs who bites you. I enjoyed this experience, but not for work 100%. 2. No basic service. just shampoo and soap: no toothbrush, no slippers, no compliment (water as minimum, no tea, no coffee), no laundry. 3. Breakfast is really poor: just cheese, bread, croissant and very salty meet. Nothing to eat if you really want to have breakfast. 4. Difficulties with parking. 1 day of parking = 20€. It is really expensive. Also city tax is higher then other cities. I found Versailles really expensive. 5. I was in hotels with different rates in different countries and I didn’t expected that here 3 starts it is the hotel without basic stuff in. My mistake that I didn’t checked what was included, but really do not recommend. I was bitten by unknown bug, a few times: one was in my hand and another one on my cheek. After a few days it is started to swallow and itchy.
Very close both Versailles and train station
We asked the reception guy to wake Us up in the morning, He never did. We almost got late to train
Assistance at the reception was super! Lucile helped us at every step of the way where we needed help ! Thank you very much !
based on 1 148 reviews
Things to know
- Wonderful sightseeing
- Nice building
- Stylish hotel
- Beautiful architecture
Policies vary by room type and provider.
FAQs when booking at Hotel de France
Where is Hotel de France located?
Hotel de France is located at 5 Rue Colbert, 0,8 km from the centre of Versailles. Chapelle du château de Versailles is the closest landmark to Hotel de France.
When is check-in time and check-out time at Hotel de France?
Check-in time is 14:00 and check-out time is 12:00 at Hotel de France.
Does Hotel de France offer free Wi-Fi?
Yes, Hotel de France offers free Wi-Fi.
Does Hotel de France offer free parking?
No, Hotel de France does not offer free parking.
Does Hotel de France offer free airport shuttle service?
No, Hotel de France does not offer free airport shuttle service.
How far is Hotel de France from the airport?
Hotel de France is 19,3 km from Paris Orly.
Does Hotel de France have a pool?
No, Hotel de France does not have a pool on-site.
Most popular landmarks
- Chapelle du château de Versailles 188 m
- Royal Opera of Versailles 194 m
- Versailles Museum 222 m
- Versailles Academy of Equestrian Arts 280 m
- Musée des Carrosses 283 m
- Château de Versailles 291 m
|Paris Orly||19,3 km|
|Paris Charles de Gaulle||38,7 km|
|Massy TGV||13,3 km|