Good to know
|Distance to city centre||0,9 km|
|Distance to airport||12,5 km|
|"Great food in the lounge."||(in 11 reviews)|
|"Staff is friendly and helpful"||(in 68 reviews)|
|"The bed was very comfortable"||(in 30 reviews)|
|"No refrigerator in the room"||(in 18 reviews)|
|"parking too expensive"||(in 12 reviews)|
|"Better warning about parking charges."||(in 12 reviews)|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
|bed was very comfortable||in 48 reviews|
|convention center||in 9 reviews|
|fairfield inn||in 9 reviews|
|floor to ceiling||in 36 reviews|
|free breakfast||in 35 reviews|
|great food||in 26 reviews|
|great location||in 76 reviews|
|ice machines||in 29 reviews|
|loved the view||in 75 reviews|
|lucas oil||in 16 reviews|
|nice hotel||in 72 reviews|
|parking was a bit steep||in 16 reviews|
|pay for wifi||in 21 reviews|
|provide shuttle service||in 5 reviews|
|room refrigerator||in 29 reviews|
|room service||in 166 reviews|
|room was clean||in 163 reviews|
|staff was very friendly||in 133 reviews|
|valet parking||in 81 reviews|
|valet seems very expensive||in 2 reviews|
|view of the city||in 82 reviews|
|walking distance||in 10 reviews|
|wifi and parking||in 71 reviews|
Very fancy. Lots of things to do around it
I mean not really. The price of the drink at the bar in the bottom was a little pricey but that's about it and not really a huge deal
Location is the only positive. If you are staying at the upper floors, view is amazing.
No free parking no complimentary breakfast. $50 per night for parking and another $50 for 2 member breakfast. That totally changes the cost dynamics. Would not recommend this hotel.
Fees for valet parking, this is Indianapolis at Chicago
Beautiful, clean and the staff was courteous and accommodating
Service and staff were excellent!!! Very friendly and helpful staff! Clearly the hotel knows how to handle huge numbers of people attending a convention. Meal service was efficient and polite. Executive Suite/Lounge breakfast and snacks were very good! Food in two restaurants onsite was excellent. Breakfast service was slow in OP, but we were warned by server it would be slow. Understaffed last weekend? Loved all those TV screens in the main floor bar - easy to see and hear the football game! Excellent and friendly food recommendations by Grayson, our server. Good hamburger and Reuben. We really enjoyed the historical homes tour, also! Hotel is in a great location!
1. No refrigerator in the room; extra $25.00 fee to bring one to the room! 2. Room smelled slightly stale. 3. Please provide map of hotel at check-in because this is a HUGE hotel and the various banks of elevators and the floors they served were confusing, at first. 4. For the NFRW Convention, different events were on three different floors and the bottom floor was hard to find...at first it was confusing. (Different banks of elevators required for various floors.) 5. I received an overnight package at the Fed-ex office in the hotel, and had to pay an extra $10 handling fee after paying $55.00 shipping fee from home!!! Yikes! $5 would have seemed more reasonable! 6. The concept of the Executive Suite for "free" breakfast was not explained when I booked the room. I found out about it when I arrived. Most hotels now provide free breakfast. 7. Marriott reservation staff is remote and cannot provide specific information about each hotel...it took me awhile to search and find the actual front desk phone no. to give to my family in case there was an emergency and they needed to reach me. Good idea: Include actual phone no. of hotel booked, not an 800 number, on the confirmation. 8. No ice machine handy...had to call and ask for ice to be delivered to the room. 9. No hotel shuttle from the airport - Alternate transportation had to be arranged, which seemed odd for a huge convention hotel like this. We used an Express Downtown bus and Lyft. Express bus option for downtown not explained when I booked. Our group got last-minute info on transfers from convention organizers. 10. At convention meals, it looked like a lot of food was going to be wasted! Do you donate leftovers to shelters or other places? 11. Wine and beer prices too expensive at convention meals - $12.00 wine, $10.00 beer for domestic labels.
JW Marriott Indianapolis offers luxurious lodgings in the heart of Indianapolis. It’s ideal for the business elite, couples, families, and groups looking for the finest rooms in the vibrant Indianapolis area.
Located just a short drive from Indianapolis International Airport, JW Marriott Indianapolis is easily accessible for those flying into the city, and is especially convenient for conference-goers, as the hotel has a skywalk connected to the Indiana Convention Center. The hotel is also near many points of interest, including Victory Field, The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis, the famed Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Brickyard Crossing Golf Club, and NCAA Hall of Champions.
Accommodations are spacious and inviting. Guests may choose Guest Rooms with one king or two queen beds, Executive Lounge Access Guest Rooms with one king bed and views, and 1 Bedroom Presidential Suites with a king bed, one-and-a-half baths, and skyline views.
Guests can enjoy 24-hour room service and access to the sundry shop for snacks and drinks. Onsite restaurants include OP Italian with gourmet eats in a casual setting, High Velocity sports bar with classic American fare, and a Starbucks for caffeine fixes. Some of the best dining and drinking spots are also just steps away from the hotel in the downtown area.
Other amenities guests enjoy includes a 24-hour fitness center, indoor pool and whirlpool, and exceptional facilities for hosting business or social functions.
Whether in Indianapolis for work or play, a stay at JW Marriott Indianapolis is where guests go for the convergence of comfort and indulgence.
based on 3 533 reviews
Things to know
- Friendly service
- Nice building
- Great view
Policies vary by room type and provider.
Reviews about JW Marriott Indianapolis
Most popular landmarks
- Eiteljorg Museum 59 m
- NCAA Hall of Champions 143 m
- Victory Field 268 m
- Indiana Convention Center 0,4 km
- White River State Park 0,7 km
- Soldiers and Sailors Monument 0,8 km
|Cincinnati Cinci./N. Kentucky||152,1 km|