Good to know
|Distance to city centre||16,0 km|
|Nearest airport||Kota Kinabalu|
|Distance to airport||21,7 km|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
|beautiful nature||in 13 reviews|
|bit far||in 43 reviews|
|breakfast is good||in 111 reviews|
|flora and fauna||in 4 reviews|
|friendly staff||in 213 reviews|
|golf course||in 12 reviews|
|good facilities||in 51 reviews|
|kk city||in 22 reviews|
|kota kinabalu||in 11 reviews|
|ocean view||in 29 reviews|
|private beach||in 256 reviews|
|public toilets||in 5 reviews|
|room was spacious||in 13 reviews|
|swimming pool||in 96 reviews|
|variety of food||in 119 reviews|
|white sandy||in 8 reviews|
Lovely spot on a quiet private beach. Plenty of facilities for groups of friends and families. Ate at the Kingfisher buffet restaurant which was excellent, lots of choices and live cooking stations. Also, ate at the Olive and Sunset restaurants - all great. Fab views from the bedrooms.
Some aspects of the hotel were quite dated and old fashioned - could do with a freshen up!
- good location outside from Kota Kinabalu - clean beach and water - different restaurants in the resort available - very friendly staff - pool was clean
- house keeping: they forgot every day something (new toilet paper, tea/coffee, rubbish bins, towels) - it was a lovely stay there and we really can recommend the hotel. But we think it‘s a 4-star hotel and not a 5-star hotel. So its a little bit too expensive for the service and the sometimes old furniture and the resort area. - the pool was a little bit disappointing: no part was deeper than 1.2m (the adult one). One for the smaller kids, one for kids and adults and one only for the adults. - the breakfast buffet was good,but after 4 days it was a little bit boring. Every day the same things.
Beautiful resort - fantastic gardens/grounds. Pool somewhat dated in some areas but this did not detract from our overall enjoyment. We had two adjoining rooms on third floor. Very happy. Did not want to leave. The cultural experience during buffet dinner was excellent. The buffet food was sensational.
Massage was very hard on my lower back but otherwise I liked everything about our stay. Pool service for food/drinks should be added for guest enjoyment. Cocktails were nice but perhaps not bery strong.
Beautiful grounds , wonderful staff and a very well maintained and quiet beach right on your doorstep. Had a perfect stay. Highly recommended.
On the first day the breakfast buffet was incredibly crowded and we had to queue to get in. After that they opened the second restaurant also so no more problems. Location is a little out of town (about 40 mins by taxi) but if you want relaxation, this is the place!
When you stay at Nexus Resort & Spa Karambunai in Kota Kinabalu, you'll be by the sea and steps from Karambunai Peninsula. Featured amenities include dry cleaning/laundry services, a 24-hour front desk, and luggage storage. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request).
based on 1 909 reviews
Things to know
- Friendly atmosphere
- Pleasant hotel grounds
Policies vary by room type and provider.
Reviews about Nexus Resort & Spa Karambunai
Most popular landmarks
- 1Borneo Hypermall 9,1 km
- Menara Tun Mustapha 10,8 km
- Kota Kinabalu City Mosque 13,2 km
- Kota Kinabalu Wetland Centre 14,1 km
- Jesselton Point 14,2 km
- Suria Sabah 14,6 km
|Kota Kinabalu||21,7 km|