Good to know
|Distance to city centre||25,9 km|
|Nearest airport||Glasgow Intl|
|Distance to airport||21,3 km|
|"breakfast were very good value."||(in 108 reviews)|
|"Great location, comfortable lounge area."||(in 7 reviews)|
|"Staff lovely, lovely clean hotel."||(in 254 reviews)|
|"Bed small & very uncomfortable."||(in 7 reviews)|
|"Room is very tired looking."||(in 5 reviews)|
|"First room room 10 was dirty."||(in 61 reviews)|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
|bar and lounge||in 15 reviews|
|beds very uncomfortable||in 14 reviews|
|bit tired||in 15 reviews|
|breakfast was good||in 206 reviews|
|evening meal||in 26 reviews|
|furnishings and fittings||in 10 reviews|
|hot water||in 35 reviews|
|leisure facilities||in 138 reviews|
|loch lomond||in 9 reviews|
|night stay||in 49 reviews|
|ordered smoked||in 7 reviews|
|pool and spa||in 104 reviews|
|room was dirty||in 263 reviews|
|staff were friendly||in 390 reviews|
|steam room||in 26 reviews|
Helpful receptionist, well located for the village
Room was a bit smelly, shower curtain mouldy. Not enough towels and no shower mat in bathroom. Hotel breakfast was disappointing. Try Skoosh for breakfast, cafe 2 mins out of hotel
Room wasn't very clean - no one vacuumed the carpet, towels had dirty stains on them. Walls were paper thin, co we clearly heard people in the next room talking, other guests' TV, running water, closing doors.
Hotel looked tired and in need of refurbishment
Very good breakfast. Decent restaurant menu.
- Our room wasn't ready when we checked in. We had to wait around 30mins (after having been told that our booking has been cancelled - just a few minutes after confirming my check-in time) . We were then given another one. - The corridors and our second room lacked decoration, but that's the least of my concerns. - Paint was peeling off, there were mould stains and smells in the bathroom. - Only one toilet paper roll was provided throughout the stay. - The towels we left in the tub (as instructed) were not removed. We did find 'new' ones on our beds which also had what seemed like mould stains and no smell of clothes detergent. - The room wasn't cleaned daily. - Not all the ceiling lights worked. - We kept being locked outside our own room as the card readers (of many guests) were faulty. - The hotel has no lifts so we had to carry our luggages up the stairs and go down to the reception every time we were locked out to reset our cards. - Double bed consisted of 2 singles put next to each other, with one large quilt and the bottom mattress linens. - Deceiving advertisment of the place as the spa is not included in the price (There's an additional fee of £5 per stay to use other facilities). - Hotel looked short staffed although most were nice. - Lobby, restaurant and room furniture was old and peeling off/flaking. - On check-out we were first asked to wait for 30mins (when we should have been packing for an early morning flight), then we were given the wrong receipt (stating that we had bought liqueur etc.), then we were charged for 2 nights instead of 3 (I thought it was a discount as an apology for the inconvenience) but they kept calling us at out room while we were trying to sleep!!!
Receptionist gave me keys to a room which was already occupied, which was very embarrassing then checking out they had lost my check in sheet which I had signed so took over 10 min to check out.
The Buchanan Arms Hotel is a hotel that offers a leisure club and whiskey bar only five minutes from Loch Lomond in Central Scotland. The hotel is in the conservation village of Drymen in Trossachs National Park. The center of Glasgow can be reached in 30 minutes by car. This air-conditioned hotel is 39 miles from Glasgow Prestwick Airport and 13 miles from Glasgow International Airport. It offers 52 non-smoking guestrooms and suites.
This hotel offers classic rooms, family rooms, executive rooms, and master rooms. Each room comes with satellite television, direct dial telephone, hospitality tray, and hairdryer. Family rooms include tea and coffee making facilities, LCD televisions, work desks, and complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access. They can also include rollaway beds or sofa beds. Executive rooms are large with stylish furnishings and a comfortable seating area. The luxury master bedrooms offer extra amenities with great views of the surrounding area.
Salmon Leap Restaurant is located at the hotel with a daily special and grill menu. Continental and full Scottish breakfasts are available as well as light snacks and a dinner menu. 24-hour room service is available for all guests at the hotel. Other restaurants in the area include the Old Mill Killearn, Café St Mocha, and the Clachan Inn.
Guests have access to many attractions and entertainment options in the area. Conic Hill, Glengoyne Distillery, and Strathblane Falconry are all popular destinations. Other options near the hotel include Loch Lomond Leisure Scotland, Mugdock Country Park, and the Falls of Falloch.
based on 1 432 reviews
Things to know
- Friendly service
Policies vary by room type and provider.
Most popular landmarks
- Glengoyne Distillery 7,7 km
- Glasgow Botanic Gardens 22,8 km
- Hunterian Museum and Art Gallery 23,5 km
- University of Glasgow 23,6 km
- Riverside Museum 23,8 km
- Tall Ship at Glasgow Harbour 23,8 km
|Glasgow Intl||21,3 km|
|Glasgow Prestwick||62,3 km|
|Alexandria Balloch||10,6 km|