Good to know
|Value for money||7,8|
|Distance to city centre||1,0 km|
|Nearest airport||Santiago Arturo Merino Benitez|
|Distance to airport||14,1 km|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
|air conditioner||in 18 reviews|
|desk staff||in 89 reviews|
|good breakfast||in 98 reviews|
|good hotel||in 47 reviews|
|good restaurant||in 7 reviews|
|good room||in 67 reviews|
|great bed||in 35 reviews|
|great location||in 126 reviews|
|hot water||in 20 reviews|
|lastarria||in 7 reviews|
|like trampoline||in 2 reviews|
|location pool||in 80 reviews|
|make my own tea or coffee||in 23 reviews|
|pool and bar||in 58 reviews|
|pool closed||in 8 reviews|
|right above the street||in 16 reviews|
|walking distance||in 13 reviews|
Great position , right in the city center. Very helpful staff, we had an issue with our Uber to get to the airport and they immediately found an alternative solution for us...
The pool and lounge were closed during winter time, but nowhere specified.. The value for money was average..
The hotel has a great location!! It is really near to subway and the main tourist point to visit!!!
The breakfast was very delicious and there was a very rich buffet. The beds were very comfortable and the room was clean. The staff was very nice at check-in and check-out. The location is nice to walk towards the center.
The hotel is located right by the metro station, in the downtown, very close to the Catholic University of Santiago. While downtown - as it strangely happens all over South America - is not the nicest part of the city (a bit doggy, a bit dirty etc), it is certainly convenient if you are coming for work. Plus, there are several nice restaurants and museums in the vicinity of 1 km from the hotel. The hotel staff was very helpful, reasonably polite and acted professional. I particularly appreciated the availability of the tourist bureau inside (close to the reception) that has booked me a perfect trip to Valparaíso. My room was sufficiently spacious with a nice view on the national library, yet quiet. It also had basic tea facilities and toiletries.
1. The door lock to my room broke twice so I had to call for technician both in the first and - ironically - last days of my stay in Santiago. All the facilities, carpets and furniture in this hotel are very old and tired. The place begs for renovation and an upgrade. 2. The elevators were slow and the use of electronic card in them was at times confusing. 3. The breakfast was certainly sufficient but neither particularly impressive nor tasty. I loved Chilean strawberries. Yet the breakfast space is insufficient for this big hotel and the stuff was removing the plates too fast. It's sufficient for you to leave the table to pick up the coffee and - even with the full plates standing on the table - the waiters were removing everything in 3 seconds, which felt disturbing and intrusive. The coffee machine takes ages to prepare you a full cup.
The property is located pretty much in the centre of the city with most of the attractions within walking distance. Hotel accepts Qantas money card, just tell the desk staff that you’ll pay up front. Shuttle service to and from the airport is rather expensive but it is timely. Breakfast okay
Limited number of lifts, will only fit 10 people at a squeeze. Very limited time to enter the things before the doors close.
Mercure Santiago Centro is close to the main tourist spots: Plaza de Armas, Metropolitan Cathedral, Palacio de la Moneda, Central Market, Chilean Museum of Pre-Columbian Art, City Theater. It is 30m from Santa Lucía subway station and 18km from Santiago International Airport. The hotel facilities meet all your holiday or business trip needs, swimming pool, bar, restaurant, gym and meeting/event rooms.
based on 1 207 reviews
Value for money
Policies vary by room type and provider.
Reviews about Mercure Santiago Centro
Most popular landmarks
- Iglesia de San Francisco 213 m
- Plaza de Armas 0,7 km
- Museo Chileno de Arte Precolombino 0,7 km
- Museo Histórico Nacional 0,8 km
- Catedral Metropolitana de Santiago 0,8 km
- Plaza de la Constitucion 0,8 km
|Santiago Arturo Merino Benitez||14,1 km|