Good to know
Value for money
Distance to city centre
Distance to airport
|"View of Lake Placid was great"||(in 21 reviews)|
|"Very spacious clean room."||(in 82 reviews)|
|"Our room was amazing!"||(in 78 reviews)|
|"The worst hotel stay ever!"||(in 25 reviews)|
|"Bathroom door knob was falling off."||(in 9 reviews)|
|"The parking is horrible!"||(in 53 reviews)|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
Great location, comfortable beds
Parking is an issue, the Rooms are noisy. I could hear our neighbors TV all night
The location on Main Street is unbeatable. The parking lot behind the hotel is convenient - if you get there early enough to get your spot. The front desk staff are friendly and helpful.
The hotel desperately needs updating. Everything is old. The AC is ancient and super loud, does not automatically regulate. The housekeeping staff start banging on doors around 8:30 am - when you’re on vacation and trying to have a slower morning or still sleeping. No breakfast provided. Parking is an issue when the hotel is busy.
the lake view room was no joke. great view of mirror lake, extremely comfortable suite.
As other reviewers mentioned, it's a little noisy. Walls are thin, and being right on Main Street - there is some noise from the bars and traffic on the street. They provide earplugs - hilarious - but unless you're a very light sleeper, the noise is minimal.
- great location, right on Main St. - nice view (we could see the lake from the room we had) - comfortable beds
- not very clean... Overall the room was just not very clean. A couple stains on the sheets. The rug had areas that looked like stuff was stuck to it. Piles of crumbs in multiple areas. There was hair in the sink and shower and they left a used towel hanging behind the bathroom door when we were first checked in I guess left there by the previous guest. Gross!! -poor service... The front desk staff were fine. However, we left our room for the day at about 900 am and hung the door hanger to please make up our room. We came back at 230pm to a room that hadn't been touched. No new coffees or towels. Didn't empty the garbage, etc. When we left the maids were just down the hall. - the packets left for the coffee with the sugar, creamer, etc had already been opened by the previous guest and not replaced. - not that we has an issue, but i can ser how being on a lower floor could get loud with the restaurant/bar underneath the hotel
Big room. Comfortable bed.
Worst view you could ask for of boarded up windows of a half vacant building
The Hotel North Woods, Ascend Hotel Collection in Lake Placid, NY near Mirror Lake lets you focus on the destination in a whole new way. Our pet-friendly boutique hotel in Lake Placid keeps you close to all the attractions that make the area special, including Olympic Center, LP Center for the Arts, U.S. Olympic Museum, Craig Wood Golf Club and X-Country Ski Center. Our meeting rooms can accommodate 260 people for banquets and 150 for conferences. You can grab a meal in our very own Delta Blue restaurant. We also offer free WiFi, so you can stay connected to what you need to while on your trip. All non-smoking guest rooms offer a recharge device, microwave, refrigerator, sofa sleeper, hair dryer, iron and board. Let the destination reach you at the Hotel North Woods, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member. Lake Placid hotels like ours help you find the true local flavor you crave. Book now.
based on 280 reviews
Value for money
Policies vary by room type and provider.
FAQs when booking at Hotel North Woods Ascend Hotel Collection
Where is Hotel North Woods Ascend Hotel Collection located?
When is check-in time and check-out time at Hotel North Woods Ascend Hotel Collection?
Does Hotel North Woods Ascend Hotel Collection offer free Wi-Fi?
Does Hotel North Woods Ascend Hotel Collection offer free parking?
Does Hotel North Woods Ascend Hotel Collection offer free airport shuttle service?
How far is Hotel North Woods Ascend Hotel Collection from the airport?
Can you bring pets to Hotel North Woods Ascend Hotel Collection?
Does Hotel North Woods Ascend Hotel Collection have a pool?
Reviews about Hotel North Woods Ascend Hotel Collection
Most popular landmarks
- Lake Placid Winter Olympic Museum 371 m
- Mirror Lake 0.4 km
- Olympic Center 0.5 km
- Lake Placid Center for the Arts 1.3 km
- Brewster Peninsula Nature Trails 1.5 km
- Lake Placid 3 km